Seinfeld was on the air for nine seasons. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is about to begin its eighth. While the seasons of Jerry Seinfeld’s driving around with funny people series are much shorter it still seems hard to believe that it has been around for this long.
The trailer for season eight has us intrigued as always. Jerry Seinfeld has become a pretty solid talk show host. He’s doing it very differently than anyone else, but he still delivers lots of fun. With many, many more car models still to be featured and as many potential guests, we’d have to guess that Seinfeld will continue to drink coffee with friends for as long as he’s having fun doing it.
The new season features some interesting comedians:
- John Oliver – is anyone better at skewering the news these days?
- Margaret Cho – it looks like this episode features Jerry and Margaret at the Stress Factory, the site of her recent newsworthy stand-up set
- Jim Gaffigan – Jerry takes our favorite food comedian to a diner…sounds like a great combination
- Judd Apatow – he always has something interesting to say and is always working on a big project
- Lorne Michaels – the elusive get for anyone interviewing people in comedy
- JB Smoove – he worked with Larry David and now he gets a chance to sit down with Jerry
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee returns to Crackle on June 16 with new episodes airing on Thursdays.